We arrive Winnipeg late in the afternoon of our second day's travel and we're granted a short amount of time to get off the train and walk around.

On my trip the previous year, I learned that there exists a railroad museum on the second floor of the Winnipeg train station. I ran up the stairs with enthusiasm and found this beautifully restored locomotive, "The Duchess of Dufferin". It is the first steam locomotive to ply the rails in western Canada.

This beautifully restored snowplow was also another "catch" of mine from last year's trip in Winnipeg.

What this unusual passenger set I see outside my window in Winnipeg during last year's trip? Why, it's the American Orient Express! Nice "capture" Mike!

Rather than head to the museum this year, I try my luck walking over to the market area beside the station where I'm told there are some old refurbished passenger cars.

And, so there are! I locate these two beauties in the parking lot of the market area. I learn quickly that I can enter the cars. It seems they are being used for other purposes!

Precisely what I thought! A candy store! Boy the little (and big) kids sure are happy to be aboard this train!

And...what else do I find in the parking lot? Yes, an old CNR caboose!

Before I leave Winnipeg, I snap a picture of the front of the station...an elegant and large structure indeed!

As we depart Winnipeg on the journey this year, I'm able to snap a shot of yet another interesting passenger train...this one with unique billboards painted onto the sides of the passenger cars. I hope you enjoyed my views of Winnipeg aboard "The Canadian"!
1 comment:
Hi Joel,
Thanks for visiting my weblog. Yes, the trip is a wonderful experience!
I'd love to see some pics from your trip! You can e-mail a few to me at cw580@ncf.ca
Cheers, Mike
Post a Comment