Taking a trip across Canada on our country's premier passenger train is a lot of fun! It is like being in a cottage on wheels! Check out some of these scenes from inside the train.

Our dining car and the dining experience that goes with it over the three day journey is "first class" all the way! Imagine dining at the Chateau Laurier in Ottawa or the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City or the Banff Springs Hotel in Alberta...well, that is what our dining experience was like aboard "The Canadian"!

We meet many interesting people and strike up friendships aboard "The Canadian". This couple is from England and the gentleman behind is Pierre Ozorak, a well-known railroad photographer. We're in the dome car here.

That's me in the foreground and the gentleman in the white T-shirt has come all the way from France to tour Canada.

This little tyke is enjoying his journey across Canada. I timed the shot as we passed through a freight yard in order to get the UP symbol framed nicely in the background!

This is Ivan, one of our VIA employees stationed in the "park car"...which is the first class lounge and tailend car.

The park car is a great place to unwind...as if you need unwinding! The entire trip is a pleasant experience! Check out the old ashtrays now used as cup and glass holders!
2 comments:
Hey, Mike -- just found your new blog. Nice photo-essay on the VIA trip.
We just got back from a drive around Lake Superior, so I'll be blogging our train pix from that as I get around to it.
Hi Steve, I look forward to seeing your report of the trip around Superior! I'm sure you've got a bunch of great photos!
Post a Comment