Saturday, September 23, 2006

A "Meet"ing of "Similar Kinds"


Well, we're back aboard the train and the only two locations on board to get decent shots of passing trains is from the dome cars or the tail end park car. Keep in mind that these shots are taken through curved glass with much reflection. You can certainly grab some great interior shots though!


We've entered a siding in a long rock cut so I climb up into the rooftop dome section of the first dome car behind the locomotive set. There happen to be four dome cars on our train this trip.



And...here's who we've been waiting for...an eastbound CN freight train and he's travelling along very slowly.




The front door below the cab opens and a crewman steps out onto the front of his diesel to conduct a runby inspection of our train. It's certainly nice to know that we're well looked after!



We await our clearance before we head back out on the main in our westward direction. Hmmm...I wonder who we'll visit on our next "meet" in another siding.


I don't have to wait too long as we tuck into another siding. What a pleasant surprise to see our counterpart, train #2, the eastbound "Canadian" passing by! Could there possibly be any other surprises in store?


Why, yes there is! Now looky there would'ya! It's Spiderman pulling our eastbound friend...and because I managed to snag this shot from the rear car through the cleaner window...I'm able to get an okay shot!


I wave goodbye to the tailend car on train #2 and I wonder if someone in that car is taking a picture of me!

No comments: