Monday, November 13, 2006

Edmonton and On Westward!

Well, after a short stop in Alberta's capital, it's onward to the mountains. Let's see what we discover on our way to the foothills!

The Alberta Terminals Ltd. certainly is a big facility judging by its size and the number of freight cars around the grounds.



These Inland cars looked pretty fascinating so had to snap a shot of them against the bright blue sky!


I love when the train passes the big freightyards. This open hopper is very similar to the ones my good buddy, Chris Lyon, has on his model railroad. Hey Chris...these ones are weathered! (Just teasin')



This CN freight is "in the hole" awaiting our train and a crewman has jumped down from the diesel locomotive to perform a visual runby and get the switch.


I snapped this interesting angle from the below deck side window of the rear dome car known as the "Park Car"!
In my next posting we arrive Lake Wabumen...the site of a major derailment the summer before. I'll have to post some of last year's pics there as well!

3 comments:

lizbiz said...

Mike
It's Liz from Montreal!
You havent changed a bit!!!

Mike Hamer said...

Hi Liz! Wow! What a great surprise to hear from you! Send me an e-mail at cw580@ncf.ca to tell me how things are going!
Cheers, Mike

Wayne Woodland said...

Hi Mike;
Wow - sure has to be the best way to get from one side of Canada to the other. I often tell my wife that when we retire this is what I want to do - including taking the Rocky Mountainer. Thanks for visting my blog - Nottinghamsub and leaving kind words.I sure am familiar with your work through the pages of MR and GMR. You mentioned coming down to Wolfville some day - let me know and I can set up some layout vists for you in the Halifax area. Cheers.

Wayne Woodland
www.nottinghamsub.blogspot.com